Monday, March 8, 2021

When You Can’t Imagine Living Life Without Booze #health #holistic

Before I quit drinking, I couldn’t imagine what life would be like without booze in it.

How would I cope with a bad day at work without drinking?

I couldn’t imagine going out at the weekend sober, or celebrating something special without a glass of champagne.

Because I couldn’t picture these things, they felt impossible. 

So then I’d wonder: what’s the point in even trying to quit? 

If your mind is getting stuck in a similar thought loop, this week’s video will help you untangle it all.

Key points: 

What we can and can’t imagine doing changes all the time. Before I quit drinking, there were so many things I couldn’t picture doing without booze. Nowadays, drinking is the thing I can’t imagine doing! I look back on the way I used to drink and it seems crazy now. 

Tips for getting over the “I can’t imagine it” trap

 

1. Bring awareness to this pattern of thinking. Start noticing it when it comes up. A big part of quitting drinking is learning to manage your mind and that starts with paying attention to your thoughts.

2. Think about all the other things in your life that at some point, you couldn’t imagine doing – or not doing! I suspect your life is full of things that seemed unthinkable at one point or another.

3. Seek out women who’ve already quit drinking. Find out what their lives are like and use that as inspiration to know that you can do it too. You can hear from lots of women who’ve been where you are right here

4. Give sobriety a chance. You’ve given alcohol so many chances over the years – now sobriety deserves the same opportunity. You need to do it (and keep doing it) for at least 6-9 weeks so you can get to the good bit of sobriety and experience it properly. 

If you’d love some help and support to quit drinking, click here for details of my online course.

 

Download your free Wine O'Clock Survival Guide!

(It’ll help keep you on track tonight)

As well as the guide, we’ll also send you helpful and inspiring weekly emails with free resources, tips & advice, plus details of our awesome products and services. We’ll take care of your data in accordance with our privacy policy and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Powered by ConvertKit

The post When You Can’t Imagine Living Life Without Booze appeared first on The Sober School.



from The Sober School https://ift.tt/3qtwz9G
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment